Federal Certification Program Manager
In a few short years, Clear Ballot has become the leader in election innovation. Our patented software has brought the speed, accuracy, and transparency that the election industry lacked. Now the fastest growing elections company in the country, Clear Ballot is #1 in market share in multiple states and was named to the GovTech 100 list in 2018 and 2019. Clear Ballot’s election software is used to streamline election administration processes and has strengthened confidence in jurisdictions across Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Florida.
Our growing Technical Services Department seeks an organized, process-oriented project/program manager to join the team as a Federal Certification Program Manager. Before Clear Ballot can close sales and deploy technology solutions in specific target markets, our products must be certified and comply with strict standards set by federal and state entities. As a result, certification projects are complex and demands that one can work effectively under pressure in a relentlessly deadline-driven environment. If you have an interest in emerging technologies, have an interdisciplinary educational background, and a passion for solving complex problems, we’d like to hear from you.
• Manage day to day national and state level project needs to guarantee deadlines are met on schedule.
• Work closely with Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales departments to ensure deliverables for national and state projects are completed on time.
• Coordinate preparation for on-site product demonstrations at test labs and state designated locales.
• Research state statutes, rules, and other secretaries of state or state board of elections publications to develop a catalog of requirements for target states.
• Serve as company point person and recognized subject matter expert for federal and state certification processes, rules and regulations.
• Develop and manage relationships with federal and state certification authorities.
• Work with and assist coordination of internal actives related to federal and state certification processes, including working with documentation, product management, quality assurance, sales, finance, and other Clear Ballot teams.
• Demonstrate fluency for all products and equipment at a semi-technical level, with the ability to address questions from federal and state certification authorities, prospects, and the public.
• Proactively looks to mitigate state certification delays and makes improvements to state certification process to achieve rapid, low cost state certifications.
• Provide regular updates of federal/state certification blog, events calendar and other communication of certification status to internal stakeholders as needed.
• Represent certification status to customers and prospects at user group meetings and conferences.
• Work closely with sales to coordinate sales and certification efforts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Experience in the field of elections management/administration preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret statutory language.
• Professional communication style, both verbal and written.
• An ability and willingness to develop a deep understanding of federal and state standards, guidelines, and regulations for election technology.
• Must be courteous and agile — ability to work with and quickly build rapport across communities and teams with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex, technical concepts.
• Strong communication and presence.
• Travel: ~ 40%
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.