Field Support Engineer (Eastern Pennsylvania)
Clear Ballot has revolutionized the Govtech space with a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy, and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb, and when we enter a state, our market share quickly exceeds 50%. While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with staff in Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Ohio, and British Columbia. We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds paired with leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to help harness technology to advance the future of elections.
As a Field Support Engineer reporting to Senior Project Manager, you will travel to customer sites to upgrade hardware, and software and provide application training. Travel is required within Pennsylvania and travel to other states may also be required.
Ideal locations for this position is Harrisburg, Scranton, or Philadelphia. There are two open roles for this position.
- Oversee and perform installation, configuration and maintenance of Ubuntu servers and Windows desktop and laptop machines, local area network, related equipment and devices, including system hardening.
- Become expert at installation and configuration of Clear Ballot Group software. Training provided.
- Become proficient at hardware upgrades. Training provided.
- Respond to end user reported incidents, create and track incidents in a ticketing system.
- Daily interaction with both local and remote users for needs gathering and problem analysis.
- Provides technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized project-related activities requiring expertise in specific scientific/technical areas for digital voting systems.
- Strong abilities with Microsoft Windows and Ubuntu, installing and configuring software, peripherals and device drivers
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Customer facing experience and empathetic to customer needs and schedule.
- Electro-mechanical or computer assembly experience required.
- Frequent lift and carry equipment weighing 50 lbs or less, and assisting in two person lifts of equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Valid driver's license and availability to travel on a weekly basis within your region predominantly and other states potentially. Mileage is reimbursed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Election experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with imaging or cloning computer configurations.
- Experience with supporting equipment in public agencies or local government offices.
- Familiarity with customer support systems and bug tracking systems (ie Jira Service Desk and Jira)
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of related customer service experience; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.