Hardware Quality Assurance Engineer
In a few short years, Clear Ballot has become the leader in election innovation. Our patented software has brought the speed, accuracy, and transparency that the election industry lacked. Now the fastest growing elections company in the country, Clear Ballot is #1 in market share in multiple states and was named to the GovTech 100 list in 2018 and 2019. Clear Ballot’s election software is used to streamline election administration processes and has strengthened confidence in jurisdictions across Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Florida.
• Testing performance and compatibility with different hardware setups and interpreting results.
• Installing software and diagnosing issues with QA lab hardware.
• Inspecting and testing incoming electronics parts from external vendors.
• Developing inspection checklists for incoming parts including performance and functionality.
• Documenting hardware/electronics testing procedures.
• Organizing and managing inventory in the QA/Hardware lab.
• Collaborating with other teams on hardware-related processes.
• Providing usability feedback and troubleshooting.
• 0-3 years of experience testing and troubleshooting electronics components.
• Familiarity with installing drivers, OS, and software on hardware.
• Familiarity with RAID, BIOS, firmware, and command line interfaces.
• Some experience troubleshooting printer issues.
• Some experience with basic networking.
• Experience with documenting processes and inventory management.
• Aptitude for breaking and taking things apart in a structured way.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.