Marketing & Communications Manager
Voices across the country are not equitable. Public trust in elections is challenged like never before. The elections technology market is an oligopoly that has stifled innovation. The odds are stacked, but Clear Ballot rises to the challenge with a simple goal: Let’s create technology that empowers our customers to improve democracy.
Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy, with voting being our greatest freedom. While most Americans across the country watch and read about elections, Clear Ballot lives them. A great election includes secure, reliable tabulation equipment, full transparency of the process, and the ability to audit the results. Our mission is to surpass those expectations in a way that will raise the bar for the entire election technology industry.
Our talented team and driven investors share a passion for solving problems and restoring confidence in America’s democratic process. We are looking for energetic professionals to join us in this mission.
Our growing team is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to promote Clear Ballot’s products and expansion to potential customers and to the media. If you’re passionate about elections, election integrity, and emerging technologies, we’d like to hear from you.
- Implement communication strategies to engage prospective customers
- Execute campaigns to encourage positive election technology narratives in the media
- Write, pitch and strategize Clear Ballot stories including market expansion, certification, product releases and customer success, in appropriate media markets
- Respond to media requests quickly, while ensuring consistent company messaging
- Build relationships with influencers in current and prospective states
- Partner with Sales team to manage lobbyists in customer states
- Coordinate with customers to develop and promote referenceable stories
- Develop social media content and messaging in tandem with marketing teammates
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 4-7 years of communications and PR strategy experience in organizing, politics, or media
- Prior experience in political environment preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of election media landscape
- Creative, organized, collaborative, and thrive in fast-paced, campaign like environments
- Experience speaking with the media
- Eagerness to make a difference for the public good
- Professional communication style, both verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to develop a deep understanding of federal and state standards, guidelines, and regulations for election technology
- Travel: ~ 20%
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you. Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.