Sales & Certification Engineer
In a few short years, Clear Ballot has become the leader in election innovation. Our patented software has brought the speed, accuracy, and transparency that the election industry lacked. Now the fastest growing elections company in the country, Clear Ballot is #1 in market share in multiple states and was named to the GovTech 100 list in 2018 and 2019. Clear Ballot’s election software is used to streamline election administration processes and has strengthened confidence in jurisdictions across Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Florida.
Our growing Technical Services Department seeks an organized, process-oriented person to join the team as a Sales & Certification Engineer. Before Clear Ballot can close sales and deploy technology solutions in specific target markets, our products must be certified and comply with strict standards set by federal and state entities. As a result, certification projects are complex and demands that one can work effectively under pressure in a relentlessly deadline-driven environment. Our headquarters are in Boston but this role can be remote. If you have an interest in emerging technologies, have an interdisciplinary educational background, and a passion for solving complex problems, we’d like to hear from you.
• Full understanding of the technical and functional application of Clear Ballot’s Clear Vote suite of products
• Preparation of hardware and software for technical presentations, communicating the value of Clear Ballot’s products and services to prospective customers
• Collaborate with sales and certification teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support to secure new business
• Assist in the development of Clear Ballot’s response to request for proposals
• Engage new customers and Clear Ballot product team in a dialog to assess unique technical needs to succeed full system integration
• Collaborate to develop unique Clear Vote solution after understanding a potential customer’s needs, process and requirements
• Support successful transfer of projects post-sale to the Customer Success team to prepare for installations and ongoing election support
• Occasionally help with new customer installations and ongoing system integration projects
• Provide recommendations to Product Team based on market feedback and competitive intelligence
• Help in researching and developing new solutions and product enhancements
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Experience working with software and/or hardware solutions required
• Strong technical acumen
• Experience in Elections strongly preferred
• Previous sales experience a plus
• Strong presentation skills
• Business analyst experience a plus
• Frequently lift and carry 50 lbs. across short distances, and assist in multi-person lifts of over 50 lbs.
• Excellent time and resource management skills
• Grace under pressure
• Willingness to travel ~50%
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.