Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
About Clear Ballot
Clear Ballot Group is the leading election innovation company. Based in Boston, the company combines the expertise of former in-the-trenches elections officials and the entrepreneurial spirit of a high-tech startup. The diversity of the team’s perspectives allows Clear Ballot to apply technology to solve real problems in a continually evolving industry. Our patented software has brought new levels of speed, accuracy, and transparency to US elections.
Our commitment to innovation has fueled Clear Ballot’s growth from a small election-auditing company to the fourth largest vote-tabulation company in just over a decade. Looking forward, Clear Ballot aims to convert transparency of results into voter confidence and strengthen the democratic process nationwide.
This position is based in Boston, MA. Clear Ballot follows CDC and Massachusetts state safety guidelines for businesses to protect our employees. Once these agencies approve a higher office occupancy rate, this position will be expected to be performed in-person at our Boston office.
Clear Ballot is seeking a Senior QA Engineer to help ensure the quality of our ClearVote™ and ClearAudit™ product releases. In this role, you’ll:
- Ensure the quality of our product releases by working with a team of software and hardware developers, product managers, and other QA professionals to understand customer issues, design features, and define test plans.
- Work on a cross-functional team to validate quality through executing the product’s test plans and through ad-hoc testing where needed.
- Ensure that our certified products meet all federal and state requirements, and that non-certified products meet high standards of both quality and usability.
- Validate technical documentation to ensure conformance to system requirement specifications and applicable regulations.
- Communicate bugs, issues, enhancement requests and complaints to the rest of the team, and document them in Jira.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal Senior QA Engineer will have:
- Excellent analytical skills with a deep understanding of quality assurance best practices gained through 7+ years in hands-on experience in QA roles.
- Experience defining, managing, and executing test plans for complex systems.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills including the ability to document test cases that will be consumed by third-party organizations.
- A passion for finding bugs and tricky edge cases, a problem-solver’s mentality, and a desire to take ownership of the quality of your products.
- Solid organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- A strong knowledge of software lifecycle processes and methodologies, including Agile methodologies, with emphasis on quality assurance and testing best practices.
- Experience with test automation and load/stress testing, or a drive to learn how to contribute to test automation and load/stress testing.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Are you a hard worker, a self-starter, and a collaborator? Most importantly, are you someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections? If so, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.