Senior Technical Writer
About Clear Ballot
Clear Ballot Group is the leading election innovation company. Based in Boston, the company combines the expertise of former in-the-trenches elections officials and the entrepreneurial spirit of a high-tech startup. The diversity of the team’s perspectives allows Clear Ballot to apply technology to solve real problems in a continually evolving industry. Our patented software has brought new levels of speed, accuracy, and transparency to US elections.
Our commitment to innovation has fueled Clear Ballot’s growth from a small election-auditing company to the fourth largest vote-tabulation company in just over a decade. Looking forward, Clear Ballot aims to convert transparency of results into voter confidence and strengthen the democratic process nationwide.
Clear Ballot is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to help document our ClearVote™ and ClearAudit™ products. In this role, you’ll:
- Create and edit technical content that enables election officials and voters to use the ClearVote™ and ClearAudit™ products.
- Collaborate with your teammates on a cross-functional agile team to design content that makes new features easy to use while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Create, curate, and prune content in our internal and customer-facing knowledge bases.
- Become an expert on the documentation requirements included in certification regulations, including the Voluntary Voting System Guidelines.
- Enable more efficient completion of documentation work by proposing improvements to documentation processes and tools.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years writing and editing technical documentation
- 5+ years creating topic-based documentation in a modern component-content management system that is based on technologies such as HTML, CSS, and XML (we currently use MadCap Flare but other examples include DITA, DocBook, and Paligo)
- 5+ years integrating screen captures and images in documentation (we currently use SnagIt and Inkscape)
- 3+ years using a modern source control system (we currently use Git)
- The ability to learn complicated information and write it clearly, simply, and succinctly.
- Experience managing multiple documents across different product releases in a fast-paced environment
- A track record as a collaborative, communicative teammate.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Are you a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, and a collaborator? Most importantly, are you someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections? If so, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.