Clear Ballot has revolutionized the Govtech space with a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy, and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb, and when we enter a state, our market share quickly exceeds 50%. While our roots are in downtown Boston, we have a diverse team with staff in Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Florida, and British Columbia.
We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds paired with leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to help harness technology to advance the future of elections.
Our Operations and Finance teams are looking for an energetic self-starter to help with the day to day operations of the company. We are looking for a candidate that has a strong attention to detail, a solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and experience working with vendor and suppliers. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the procurement of materials and equipment necessary to carry out the functions of the business.
- Vouching accounts payable
- Assisting with procurement of goods for customers and communicates delivery timelines to Customer Success team
- Communicating with suppliers and associates
- Evaluating purchase requisitions and generating purchase orders to appropriate suppliers
- Preparing merchandise returns and monitoring for related credits to our account
- Daily analysis of company-wide shipping & receiving
- Invoicing customers and following up on payment timing
- Expense report approval, coding and analysis
- Maintaining accounting documents and records, ensuring all files are up to date
- Helping to reconcile and close the books monthly and preparing internal financial statements
- Performing ad-hoc financial analysis and miscellaneous operational tasks
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience in bookkeeping or two years of experience at a public accounting firm preferred
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must be able to effectively multitask
- A willingness to learn and function independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Prior purchasing experience is a plus
- Understanding of Quickbooks Online is a plus
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.