Technical Operations Specialist
Clear Ballot has developed and deployed innovative election software paired with advanced hardware to create a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb and, when we enter a state, our market share quickly exceeds 50%. While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with offices in Colorado, Oregon, Florida and British Columbia. We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds and leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to help harness technology to advance the future of elections.
Clear Ballot is looking for a highly skilled, tenacious and self-starting individual to join our growing operations team. The Operations Technician’s primary duty is preparing computer equipment, installing software, testing, staging, and shipping equipment to our Sales team, Certification team, Customer Success team, and other events. The successful candidate has all or some combination of experience with hands on hardware and software integration, IT, and inventory management. This position reports to the Director of Operations but also works with directors of Customer Success, Certification, and Sales. The position is based out of our Boston headquarters with some travel to the field. Come join the team that provides our customers with the technology to improve democracy!
- Perform installation, configuration and maintenance of Ubuntu servers and Windows desktop and laptop machines, local area network, related equipment and devices, including system hardening.
- Become expert at installation and configuration of Clear Ballot Group software.
- Assist with shipping and receiving which may include personally delivering equipment.
- Use company knowledge management systems and subscriptions such as MS Office, SharePoint, Project, Google business suite, and others.
- Works closely with office manager in day to day company operations and assist where needed in a variety of ways.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong abilities with Microsoft Windows and Ubuntu, installing and configuring software, peripherals and device drivers
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a sense of urgency and a commitment to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Frequently lift equipment weighing 50 lbs. or less, and assist with two person lifts of equipment weighing 50 to 100 lbs.
- Valid driver's license for transporting equipment between storage facilities.
- Up to 25% travel
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge or experience with imaging or cloning computer configurations.
- Has earned or working towards a bachelor’s degree in technology or a related field or combination of post high school education and experience.
- Election experience strongly preferred, but not required.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.